Executive Managing Director
Tel.: +212 6 61 08 31 10
Executive Managing Director
SUMMARY: Hospitality professional with vast experience delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of hotels by accomplishing performance objectives focused on business revenues, guest satisfaction and result oriented.Through Vision and Revenue-Generating Operational leadership, I look forward to the opportunity to successfully lead a hotel to operational excellence in a highly competitive hospitality market.
Over 22 years experience as a Top–Performing hospitality Senior Manager steering business development, operational efficiencies, and strategic sales and marketing initiatives for upscale and luxury hotels.
– Extensive experience in new Hotel buildings and renovation projects
– Hotel’s pre-opening know how and expertise
– Vast knowledge of Food and Beverage Operations, Revenue Management, Sales and Marketing and Corporate Culture
– Professional experience and Academic background in both Hotel and Restaurant development and strategies
– Executive and General Management level experience for 4 and 5 Stars Hotels
– Expertise in Budgeting, Forecasting and Operational Analysis
– Project Manager Experience for hotel construction, and onsite supervision
– Performance Management, Staffing, Coaching, Developing Standards, Financial Planning and Strategy, Process Improvement, Decision Making and Strategic hotel forecast
2012 to Present
Westin Hospitality Group
Executive Managing Director, Global consulting company with offices in Boston, Dubai and Morocco
Ryad Mogador Hotels, Tangier-Marrakech
– Implemented a new hotel strategic vision and mission statement to launch a new identity with clear goals and objectives
– Planed, directed and organized the entire hotel services, while taking a strategic proactive approach and planning ahead so the hotel maximizes its profit.
– Demonstrated leadership while paying attention to details strived to the highest standards of service to meet guest’s expectations and needs.
– Restructured the entire hotel functions such as Reservation, Reception, Concierge, F&B outlets and housekeeping.
The Hay Adams Hotel, Washington, DC
Food & Beverage Management
• Hosted events for Presidents and Heads of States
• In charge of hosting 2 times the American Academy of Achievements.
• Directed and supervised IMF and World Bank Annual Meetings
• Managed events at the White House and the Capitol.
• Hosted private reception at the residence of the Vice President.
• Organized and in charge of Presidential Inauguration Galas for Clinton, Bush and Obama.
• Directed the Sub official reception for the 2008 G20 summit attended by Heads of states and Governments.
Willard Intercontinental, Washington, DC
Restaurant Manager (F&B Department)
• Oversaw the Food and Beverage operations and maintained high level of quality of service
• Ensured compliance to Hotel Brand Service Standards by F&B team, at all times
• Trained employees to reach maximum of their potential.
• Maintained effective communication with all F&B employees
• Reviewed guests’ comments, monitored trends, and took immediate and appropriate corrective actions with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Controlled cost of sales and maintained expenses at budget level. Worked closely with Cost controller
• Participated in the creation and implementation of SOPs
• Worked closely with kitchen team and ensured regular menu changes
• Monitored and maintained staffing levels to meet business demands
• Complied with Food hygiene and Health and Safety rules and regulations
Latham Hotel- Citronelle, Washington, DC
Food & Beverage Manager
• Steered and promoted all the F&B points of sale
• Organized and supervised the preparation of points of sale according to activity forecasts and product information
• Ensured the brand’s reference standards are properly applied
• Developed team spirit and motivation by creating a good working atmosphere
• Supervised recruitments in conjunction with hotel’s staffing guidelines
• Carried out annual performance appraisals on staff under my responsibility
• Ensured that work schedules are consistent with activity forecasts for the hotel
• Led working and information meetings and team discussions
• Involved and motivated the staff and employees under my responsibility to meet the department’s quantitative targets
• Ensured compliance with labor legislation in the F&B department
Fairmount Hotel, Washington, DC
• Supervised and managed a high volume department.
• Responsible for implementing upscale quality standards and service excellence
• Implemented originality and creativity in compliance with new trends in F&B
• Developed and implemented budget and monthly forecasts.
• Responsible for development and maintenance of hotel F&B marketing initiatives
• Directed the training, empowerment, coaching and counseling, performance reviews and salary reviews of all F&B department staff
• In charge of coordinating all F&B operations with the rest of hotel to ensure high level of guest satisfaction and worked towards achieving the Mobil 5 Star Service Awards
Sheraton Vistana Resort Disney World Orlando, FL
Front Desk Manager
• Ensured that guests had a memorable experience at the hotel
• Managed and motivated front office teams in order to provide high quality services
• Helped the department in meeting its quantitative and qualitative targets
Marriott Grande Vista Orlando, FL
• Responsible for handling reservations over the phone, by fax or internet, and handled all associated operations of this department
• Increased and optimized room sales in line with the brand and hotel’s sales policy
• Conducted staff training focusing on customer service excellence, analytical skills
dynamic availability and reactivity, Sale spirit, Welcoming and service oriented
Diplomacy, self control and crisis management
Cornell University, Ithaca NY
Strategic Hospitality Management (Executive Diploma)
George Mason University. Fairfax, VA
Master’s Degree, International Transactions (School of Business)
University Mohamed V, Rabat Morocco
Bachelor Degree, International Law.
• Strong experience in strategic development and feasibility analysis for hotel properties
• Macro level analyst of hotel’s market studies
• Micro level analyst of hotel’s submarkets to determine development factors
• Expertise in strategic hotel’s analysis and potential
• Extensive experience in impact studies and optimal management
• Independent consultant on hotel real estate, franchising and brand recognition
• Valuable experience in management contract and franchise affiliation selection
• Negotiation skills of contract and franchising agreements
• Real estate and asset management background
- Member of Cornell Hotel school Executive Education Alumni
- Member of The Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Talent Community
- Member of Hospitality Trends
- Member of Hotel General Managers
- Member of Luxury Hoteliers Hospitality Group for Hotel Professionals
- Member of The Revenue Management Institute
- Member of The Leading Hotels of the World